AdSense for mobile content allows publishers to generate earnings from their mobile webpages using targeted Google ads. Just like AdSense for content, with AdSense for mobile content Google matches ads to the content of your site — in this case, your mobile website. You’ll earn money whenever your mobile website’s visitors click on your ads. AdSense for mobile is available in a limited number of locations.
These ads are available in image only, text only and both image and text formates.
It would have been better, if they had CPM advertising in AdSense for mobile.Anyway, we are participating in the CPC model of AdSense for Mobile and so far it has been a very good experience.
Ad Placement and Behavior
* Only one AdSense for mobile ad unit may be displayed per mobile webpage.
* A “double” ad unit can only be placed on the bottom of the page, but may appear above the page’s footer (e.g. navigational links, copyright messages, etc.).
* Google ads displayed on a publisher’s mobile-compliant webpage may not be modified or obscured in any way.
* After a user click, display of the advertiser’s landing page may not be interrupted or prevented in any way. For instance, publishers may not display their own interstitial pages before taking users to the advertiser’s website.
Similarly, there is an image ad format also available. And only one image ad is shown(no multiple image ads can be shown using AdSense for Mobile Contextual Advertising).
There is no preview tool to see the Ads, you will just have to use any mobile phones to see the ads.
And your website must be written in one of these languages..
wml (WAP 1.x.)
xhtml (WAP 2.0)
chtml (imode, etc.)
How are mobile ads targeted?
AdSense for mobile ads are precisely matched to the content of your mobile webpage using the same targeting technology as AdSense for content. AdSense crawlers scan the page to determine its content and then automatically serve ads that are relevant to what your visitors see.
In order for Google to properly target ads to your mobile website, crawler needs to be able to access your mobile webpages. The phone useragent Google use to crawl your site will contain the string “Mediapartners-Google”, so set up your web server to grant access to your mobile content any useragent that contains “Mediapartners-Google”. If you don’t know about the useragent, then contact your hosting company and confirm that, “Mediapartners-Google” is allowed to access your contents.
Also be aware that Google will not be able to crawl your webpages for ads targeting if you are restricting access to your mobile website to a specific set of IP addresses.
We are happy to tell that Technotip.org will now be accessible on your wap/internet enabled mobile phones.
When we were observing visitors data in google-analytics, we found that many people were trying to access our blog using mobile browsers. So we decided to bring a mobile version of Technotip.org and as usual, we started searching in Google and finally we found a plugin called WP Mobile Edition 2.1.
NOTE: It works only with WordPress.
This plugin will automatically detect the mobile phone browser and will render the pages of your blog to the phone. The blog will be looking more simple, with just the post titles and links, arranged neatly. So there will be no delay in loading of pages.
And the important thing is, you can monetize your mobile version blog using AdSense for Mobile Content.
And for those who are using some other blog platform(This hack even works with wordpress):
replacing [feed_address] by your blogs exact feed address and put a link in your blog. This would enable your blog visitors to view your mobile version on their desktop or in their mobile phones. But the problem is, you will not be able to monetize it using AdSense for Mobile.
There are many companies providing free mobile websites, but they always come with .companyname.mobi URL attached with it, and you need to pay them to get the URL of your choice.
From now, you can always find a link to mobile version of this blog at the footer.
Please support us, by visiting our blog from your mobile phones, when you are away from your Personal Computers.
Also share your opinions about this article, in the comment section.
Previously Technotip.org was hosted at Yahoo! and due to very bad downtime, I thought to shift it to some other reliable hosting company. I just Googled around and saw that Dreamhost was the most popular and almost all its customers were praising it in an unbelievable manner. I just jumped to buy hosting with them, and sent an email, asking for some clarifications. And I got a very fast response and with all my basic doubts cleared. I was still more impressed. But I was smelling a Rat, due to its offering of Terabytes of bandwidth and 500GB or more..of disk space.
I just bookmarked most of the websites that promoted Dreamhost and was watching for its reliability. To my wonder, all these sites had downtime of almost 2 to 4 times a day (yes, you heard it right, the downtime was on every day).
Frequent downtime means trouble to your visitors and to your SERP ranking. Search Engines will surly not be able to access your website/blog and this will surly have a very bad effect on PR and over all SERP ranking.
About the bandwidth offering from many hosting companies, are simply useless.Because, a very famous website/blog will not use even 20GB of Bandwidth.
When a visitor views your site, all the text, pictures, and other files that make up your web pages are transferred to your visitor’s computer. Data transfer is a measure of the total amount of information your visitors view each month.
An average 5-page site with text and pictures will use 0.0003GB of data transfer per visit. A site with music and videos will use 0.02GB of data transfer per visit.
Doreo offers almost 60GB Bandwidth for its beginner hosting plan. It is cost effective, reliable, Digg proof, Spam free, very fast servers and the best hosting company with best uptime records.
Click here to see the cost of different plans and features.
Click here to see the proof for best Spam filtering.
Update: Here at Technotip.org, we recommend only things which brings value to our visitors and to our recommendation. In order to give more value to our visitors, we had a deal with Doreo host and asked for a discount coupon or promo code.
And we are very much happy to announce that, we have got a promo code “technotip.org” (without cotes). This would give you FREE hosting for first 45 days or 12$ discount for all other hosting plans with Doreo.
This promo code works only for those who signup with Doreo for the first time. Caution: This promo code does not work, when you try to signup from any other referral URL. To use this promo code you should go through this link Doreo.
And please leave a comment after using this promo code. And please comment, if you have any problem in using this promo code. This promo code is working perfectly. Cheers!
And I must tell about its Support staff. They are the best and highly dedicated. They can do any kind of help related to your hosting. Many times, the Support staff itself will install software for you and setup the wordpress and everything, if you ask them to do. You will just have to start blogging.
And those who are searching for a good host, to transfer their already existing files from their previous host, then Doreo host would be a perfect solution. You will be guided by the support person so well that, you will find it no difficult in the entire process of transferring.
There are some video tutorials to help us get familiar with their cpanel, fantastico ( for one click installation of wordpress and other software) and other services.
And you can chat with the Support staff and get solutions for your problems instantly. I haven’t waited more than 5 minutes for the reply.
About their Reliability:
Doreo has been in the web hosting business for over 7 years. They have hosted websites from the smallest personal sites to high volume websites like www.phpbb.com. They strive to maintain a “small company” personality for their customers while still providing an excellence in support in reliability ( Doreo host average server uptime was over 99.9% in 2005, 99.994% in 2006 and 99.982% in 2007 as report by HyperSpin independent monitoring ).
Doreo Hosting uses only Dell and SuperMicro servers. All Doreo web servers have the following minimum specification:
Dual Xeon 3.0 Ghz
2 GB memory
Hard Drives setup in hardware RAID for fault tolerance
Doreo hosting provides over 15 GB of network capacity utilizing multiple tier-1 network providers. Current network providers includes:
For more details on the Doreo network, please visit their network page.
Bad things with other hosting companies are, they oversell their service(i.e., by offering unlimited bandwidth/disk space or tera bytes of bandwidth/disk space etc). And they will accumulate many sites on one server and get things to jam easily. Because of this, they will have many downtime’s each day.
For those of you who don’t know about the book… This book was written by two well known bloggers of the industry, Darren Rowse and Chris Garrett.
Darren Rowse(image, to the left) is the guy behind the successful ProBlogger.net. He has been blogging since 2005, and is a professional, full time blogger himself. He is one of the founders of b5media(a blog network) and is a VP of Blogger Training, at b5media. He also edits the famous Digital Photography School, as well as many other blogs.
He lives in AUSTRALIA, with his Wife and children.
Chris Garrett(image, to the right), is a professional blogger, Internet Marketing Consultant, new media industry commentator, writer, coach, speaker, trainer and web geek. You might know him from his past writing for such sites as ASPToday, ASPAlliance, Threadwatch, or more recently, ProBlogger,The Blog Herald, FreelanceSwitch, Cogniview, AdSavvy and CopyBlogger.
If you are looking for a Consultant, then Chris Garrett would be the best, as he has lot of experience.
Chris was born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada in 1974. He lives in the UK with his wife, daughter and two overweight, treat-addicted cats, and a new puppy.
This book covers these topics:-
1. Blogging for Money…………………………………1
2. Niche Blogging………………………………………23
3. Setting Up Your Blog……………………………….45
4. Blog Writing………………………………………….77
5. Blog Income and Earning Strategies………………105
6. Buying and Selling Blogs……………………………131
7. Blog Networks……………………………………….151
8. Blog Promotion and Marketing……………………..165
9. Secrets of Successful Blogs……………………….189
10. Creating Something Worthwhile………………….203
I have mentioned the page numbers also along with the topics, just to show how much to expect about each topic.
This book is carefully crafted and the topics are arranged so nicely that, a beginner to blogging can also understand it clearly. In fact, what I found is, this book is mainly helpful for people who have just heard of blogging and are interested in trying it out.
For those who are in this blogging business for a while will find many things in the book told over and over again in many blogs.And for those who are regular readers of problogger.net, its just the same stuffs that you find regularly, but in an very intelligently organized manner(topic wise).
In the book, we can find links to some useful websites and tools, which will help for all bloggers.
And the topics, I most liked are, Niche Blogging and about passive income tactics.
Each chapter is finished with a tip, a summary or an exercise for the reader, which makes the book look more professional. Darren and Chris have explained all the problems that they came across, in the beginning days of their blogging.
We can find almost all the aspects that a blogger should know to start a blog. And also step by step guidance to setup the hosting and one click wordpress installation.
This book would be, the best source for beginners and a handy guide for those who have been blogging for a while and a reference to advance users.
It would be wrong, if I don’t say that, all the information in this book can be found somewhere or in problogger.net itself. But the positive thing about this book is, it has everything at one place, well organized, well structured and with no extra unnecessary things. Things are written by keeping in mind all kind of bloggers(those who blog for money, fame, networking etc).
And the important thing is, it just costs $16.49.This is not a big amount for those who are aspiring to be professional blogger some day.
If you wish to buy this book, then here is the link for it ProBloggerBook
And it would have been nice, if we had got a FREE CD/DVD, containing some of the video tutorial from Darren, along with the ProBlogggerBook.
Anyway, Darren and Chris, I will be waiting for the Part-2 of the book, and now I am expecting a lot advanced topics to be covered.
And Best-of-luck for all your future projects Darren Rowse and Chris Garrett….
Guys/girls out there, have you read the ProBloggerBook? What do you feel about the Book? please share with us…
We have heard of people copying our content and lot has been discussed about how to fight against it.
But today we are going to see, how our own blog will be penalized for having the same content accessible from two different URL of the same blog.
For example, if you are showing the full content of your post in all the locations like, Homepage, Archives page, and in single content page(single.php), then there is all possibility of Search Engines thinking that these contents are duplicate. Thus there is a high chances of getting penalized.
Daniel Scocco has a nice video to illustrate this concept. So take a look, before we deal with the permalinks contribution for creating duplicate content.
That was a very informative video.
Today lets take a look at some other ways, from which your wordpress website may get penalized for having duplicate contents.
This applies for those people who are using the permalink structure which includes “Categories” ( /%category%/ ).
Previously I had this http://technotip.org/%category%/%postname%/ permalink structure. I had thought that, having the category name in the URL would help the search engines, as they might consider it as a keyword to that article.
But later I realized that, there is a huge drawback from using such permalink structure. I realized this, when I typed the URL of one of my article wrongly and was still able to access that article.
I had an article at http://technotip.org/SEO/killer-seo-list/ and I had typed the URL wrongly as http://technotip.org/general/killer-seo-list/ , but to my astonishment, the article just showed up. With confusion in my mind, I just had a quick search in Google, to see that the wrong URL http://technotip.org/general/killer-seo-list/ was also indexed. Now I really started worrying, if all other posts had the same problem. So searched again for other posts, but everything was OK with other posts. Then why this problem with http://technotip.org/SEO/killer-seo-list/ ?
I just went to my wordpress Dashboard and saw that I had got a link back to the wrong URL http://technotip.org/general/killer-seo-list/ from some blog and Google had indexed it(as the article was accessible at that wrong URL, so no fault of Google here).
Now I continued the search, and saw some other blogs using the permalink structure similar to my blog. Now I just changed the Category name and tried to access their posts, to my wonder, they were also accessible. And many of those sites did not have the nofollow or noindex in their category section. Thus, those sites are in danger, of getting penalized.
If you are also using the permalink structure http://yoursitename.com/categories/postname/ then just change the “categories” name to any name you like(it may be anything that exists or not exists in your category list) and hit enter. You will still be able to access the article.
This can be solved 1. By having the permalink structure http://yoursitename.com/postname/ . 2. Redirect it to the original post.
Changing the permalink of your blog.
Just change the file permission of .htaccess and index.php files in the root directory to 666.
And then login to your wordpress account and click on settings then on Permalinks option and now select Custom Structure and put /%postname%/ and finally click on Save Changes button. This will make your permalink structure as http://yoursitename.com/postname/ .
And redirecting the URL to original URL can be done by a number of plugins out there. Just click here to have a look.
Note: As all those articles are placed in one or the other categories, introducing the nofollow or noindex to your categories section will make the article inaccessible to search engines and finally you will end up with no search engine traffic.
I have heard most of the times that, many blogs have good page ranking in the beginning, but after sometime those rankings will drop and will keep on dropping with time. This is because as time goes and your number of posts increases, the number of duplicate contents are also increased. Thus, search engines penalize your page ranking over time.
The final thing to be kept in mind is that, always remember that your goal is to make sure that your posts or articles can be accessed in full from only one location inside your site.
Following these simple and effective tips will surly yield good results in the long run.
What do you think about duplicate contents.Have you also encountered with the same problem? And do you have any other solution for this kind of problems? or have you encountered any similar problems? please share it with us, in the comment section.
Here is a checklist of the factors that affect your rankings with Google, MSN, Yahoo, Ask! and other search engines.Most of the factors in the checklist apply mainly to Google and partially to MSN, Yahoo!
1. Proper URL, which includes the keywords of the post.
Ex:- If you are writing about money making through Internet topic, then your URL would be http://yoursitename.com/money-making-through-internet/
Here the keywords money and internet are important, as these words will be displayed in the SERP (Search Engine Result Page).
And writing a post about Vegetables and fruits at your place and giving a URL like http://yoursitename.com/this-is-my-second-post/ will surly harm your serp.
2. Have proper, relevant key words in your title.Because this is displayed in the SERP with your site link.Keywords that relate to the post.And having a good title also helps people to know what they can expect after clicking the link.The example at point one also holds good here.
3. Keywords in headings (<H1>, <H2>, etc. tags) has more weightage in Search engines, so be cautious while choosing them.(This is also very important for those who are using AdSense, to get more relevant ads).
4. Keywords in <alt> and <title> tags of images(<img>) are very important. Search Engine Spiders can’t read images but they do read their textual descriptions in the <alt> tag, so if you have images on your page, fill in the <alt> tag with relevant keywords about them. In this case, the keywords should be about the image and not about your blog or blog post. And some of the browsers don’t respond to this <alt> tag, so you can use the <title> tag. This will get you some traffic from Google image search, if your images are listed in Google Search Engine.
5. Keywords in meta tags — Now a days it is said that, search engines no more use your websites meta tags. But I have observed that, search engines do consider them in the beginning, and after they have indexed your pages deeply, they will just discard the keywords in your meta tags. Anyway,filling these tags properly will not hurt, so do it.
Remember, not using meta tags would be better than using them to trick Search Engines. If you have irrelevant keywords in your meta tags, then you will surly be penalized by search engines.
6. Use short descriptions near images — this would help search engines to index the images properly, thus your website will be more SEO friendly.
7. Incoming links — Though not in our control, it is important if the site that links to you is a reputable one or not. Generally sites with greater Google PR are considered reputable. And the longer the link stays in the site, the greater will be its value.And the links from similar niche sites would have higher priority.
And if your blog is related to technology, then the blogs should link to you with proper keyword related to the technology and not simply like click here. Because your site is not about click here!
And the site page that links you must not have many outgoing links or just outgoing links. If your site URL is the only one outgoing link from another site’s article, then it would suggest the search engine that your site is of more importance. Thus will get more search juice.
Links from .edu and .gov sites are also said to be more reputable than .com. .biz, .info, etc. domains.And its the hardest to achieve.
8. Unique content — This is the key. You should have very good quality content and something original to say. And, if all the contents in your blog is concentrating on particular niche, then your search engine ranking would be higher.
9. Have comment section in your posts — This would make the contents of the page to get updated whenever there is a comment left. And search engines like to fetch more of those updated contents.
10. Have frequent posts — This will keep Search Spiders busy in your site and coming back more frequently and like a scheduled way.
11. Keyword formats — Change the front size, bold, italics etc of certain keywords to highlight those keywords.
12. Duplicate content in our own site — this also hurts our ranking. You must see whether your site is accessible by these two URL http://yoursitename.com and www.yoursitename.com . If this is true, then as soon as possible contact your domain registrar and ask them to redirect it to any one URL.Making your own website (the same website) accessible from two URL will confuse the search engines and there is high chances of getting penalized.
And make sure that, your contents are only at one single place(URL) and not in many places like tags, homepage, archives page etc. Let there be only small excerpt of the post and in all other places other than the main post, and let all other things link to the original article.
13. Have a well designed, well coded website. Search engines see the HTML codes while indexing and not the regular pages, as we human visitors see. So if they find some badly coded things like irrelevant tags, opening tags which are left without closing tags(missing tags) etc will surly contribute a lot to bad search engine ranking.So take care about the designing very much in the beginning itself.
14. Illegal Content may kick you off the SERP.Websites containing porn contents, copied contents and some other contents which violet the search engines polices may get penalized.
15. Black hat techniques to get to the top of search engine rankings will make your site to lose the race in the long run.And if detected by Search Engines, your site will be penalized and in worst cases your website will be removed from the SERP.
16. Choose the domain name very consciously.Include some keywords of your niche in it to get better ranking.
Use hyphens, if you have 2 or 3 keywords to be included.Hyphens are said to be search engine friendly.But note that, use of more than 3 hyphens may confuse your real visitors and finally endup losing your regular direct visitors, who may not comeback as they can’t remember the site URL.
17. Downtime and restrictions — Many web hosting companies have downtime now and then, this will surly make the site not accessible to search engine spiders.And using password protected pages, restriction from robot.txt will make the crawling more difficult or sometimes impossible.
18. Sitemap — It would be a very good idea to have a site map.Let the site map be a old fashioned plain HTML sitemap or the special Google sitemap format, keep the Sitemap updated always and submit it to search engines.This would ensure that you are in the list of search spiders.
19. Site age — The older the site is, the higher the chances of getting higher position in SERP.
This may be because, an established site is more trustworthy, as they have been around from long time.Search engines hate fly-by-night kind of sites.
20. IP address( Static or Shared IP Address? )
This could matter only for shared hosting or when a site is hosted with a free hosting provider, when any one IP addresses in the Shared hosting is blacklisted due to spamming, adult contents or any other illegal practices then all other sites with same IP address will get affected.
21. And don’t have the wrong notion that, you will be ranked high, as you are a AdSense or/and AdWord customer.This has nothing to do with SERP. It may just boost your earning and not the ranking.
22. Do not sell text-link-ads.Use of nofollow is advised.
23. Have a custom error page…to tell the visitors that, they have typed a wrong URL. Do not just redirect them to the page that matches the keyword they typed.Just display the relevant topics under that page, and let your visitors decide and navigate to whichever post they like.
24. Do not use any keywords just for the sake of Search Engines, like creating links which matches the background of your site(Which are hidden or invisible for the real visitors). This would also be considered as Black Hat technique.
25. Do not end the URL with
.0 (this is being accepted by Google recently, but still not an ideal choice.
Just go to Google and use this query “[filetype:exe]” (Without cotes) to see whether the file types are being indexed by Google or not.
26. Do not have the link to the same article in the post title in the single.php(in the main post page). It is OK to have link in the title, when we show excerpts somewhere else in our blog(ex:-in homepage, Archives etc).
27. Put the NoFollow attribute to your Feedburner Feed Links, as search engines see same content in your feed content as well as your blog contents and penalize for duplicate contents.
28. Finally, build the site keeping your visitors as your primary importance.Because, Search Engines are always in search of good contents, to give to its users while they search. So follow some basic rules listed above and have a very good, valuable content, and you will see your site ranking going up over time.
Now you must take a look at, Jefferson Graham interviewing Google engineer Matt Cutts on how to get your site to the top of Google with 5 basic, common sense SEO tips…..(don’t miss it)
Please share your knowledge about SEO and share some of the missed out points from the above list, in the below comment section…
Meditation is a technique to bring our mind under full control.With controlled mind(not forcibly) we can concentrate on any work and get good results.Thus meditation is a must ingredient in everyone’s life.
Human brain is like a vast universe, but we use only some part of it in our entire lifetime.By this meditation you can feel the vastness, calmness, sharpness and power of your brain.
This meditation is best when practiced early mornings and in evenings.
A place( kodchadri ) in India where we went for meditation last month.We were about 15km above sea level
And remember, place of meditation doesn’t matter, until you are comfortable with whatever place you have chosen for meditation(it may even be your home).
Daily practice of this meditation will improve the mind power.And has the power to transform our negative thoughts to positive.Peace of mind.Relief from stress and strain.Improves self confidence.
Like blogging, meditation should also be practiced for longer time, to experience more.
There are many types of meditations, but their goal is almost the same.
So today I want to tell about Jyotir dhyana(a meditation of Indian origin).This is the best and most simple meditation technique.
Jyothi means Light.Dhyana means Meditation.
Well we all know that Light is the ultimate source of energy.And this is our source of meditation too.
So get a clean lamp(as far as possible avoid candles).Put enough oil into the lamp before starting meditation.
Sit in a dark room.Sit comfortable.Lit the lamp.See that, the light does not emit more carbon.
Maintain 3 feet distance from the lamp.
Start staring at the lamp.Don’t blink your eyes.After 2 or 3 minutes, slowly close your eyes.
Now concentrate on your breathing.Breath normal.Stop thinking.Just concentrate on your breathing.Now feel that the light from the lamp is entering your body via your forehead(in between your eyebrows).Now start breathing deep, hold the breath for 3 to 4 seconds, and exhale slowly, continue this breathing rhythm.Now have strong feeling that, the light is replacing all the negative energy in you.Feel that all the bad elements in you(stress, strain, any disease, or anyother problem) as darkness and that this light entered your body is trashing your darkness out and filling you with brightness(all the good qualities).Now, let the light cover all over your face, eliminating all your problems from head part.Feel that your concentration power will increase now.And all the problems related to your eyes, ears, neck everything are gone.
Now let the light enter your chest, from chest to left hand and then to right hand, then abdomen though your stomach.Next, to your left leg and to the right leg.Feel strongly that, wherever the light is traveling, it is destroying the darkness in you and filling you with brightness.
Like this, let the light travel all over your body.Now observe yourself internally, your body is filled with light.You have no more darkness in you.Feel that you are all powerful, beautiful, kind, good hearted. Now concentrate inbetween your eye brows.Breath deeply, hold the breath for some seconds and then exhale slowly.Do this breath in-breath out exercise for 5 to 10 minutes and then, sit calmly for 5 or 10 minutes without thinking anything.Let there be no flow of thoughts.Now breath normally and observe your breathing.Feel that, light is emitting from you now.You have become the embodiments of good energy.
Now rub your both palms to eachother, so that some heat is produced.Now cover your closed eyes with the palms(middle of the palm).Do not press the eyes.Do not rub the eyes.Just hold it for 1 minute and then slowly open your eyes.
Do this meditation daily without fail.In the beginning you may even get sleepy, but still, have firm mind and try to practice it daily.After a month of practice, you will surly find some drastic improvements in you.This is sure to happen.
Again, consistency is the key.After you get into this meditation regularly, you will find your business or studies or any other works to be more joyful and you will turn more productive with almost no stress and strain.
Note:- Do not wash your face or go to shower soon after the meditation.Just avoid it for atleast 15 minutes.
Please read this post for atleast 2 or three times after starting this meditation, to understand each and everything thoroughly.
And please leave comments about how you feel after the meditation….
Bye bye adsense for Referrals and a hearty Welcome Google Affiliate Network.
Google will be retiring the AdSense Referrals program during the last week of August.And if a user completes the advertiser’s required action (Adsense Refferal program) within 30 days of clicking on your ad, earnings will accrue to your account through the end of September. After that time, you will no longer be able to earn money from referral ads. Your payments won’t be affected; you’ll continue to be paid once you’ve reached the payment threshold.
From August, any remaining referral ads on your site will no longer work, and will appear as blank space on your website. In order to prevent a decrease in your AdSense earnings remove all those referral adsense codes.
At the end of October, you will no longer be able to generate reports for your historical performance for referrals. If you wish to retain performance data, please run the appropriate report on your Advanced Reports page before the end of October. You can download and save a copy of your report by clicking the CSV link above the report.
The worrying part is….we need to again apply separatly for Google Affiliate Network and all adsense publishers/advertiser is not inside Google Affiliate Network.
Google Affiliate Network can help you discover new advertiser referral programs and generate more revenue.
Google Affiliate Network will be:
Easy to use:
Save time with an intuitive user interface, fast-loading pages, and creative trafficking tools.
Tracking and reporting:
Track conversions and member IDs for loyalty marketing. Schedule and save reports.
Receive electronic payments, consolidated across advertisers, twice a month. Choose from a variety of commission structures.
Support and development:
Contact experts for technical support or to help you find new revenue opportunities.
Earn AffiliateVIP status and enjoy exclusive marketing opportunities and greater visibility in the network.
Network depth and breadth:
Advertisers can now choose from a wide variety of high-quality publishers based on detailed profiles and metrics.
Tracking and reporting:
Track conversions, evaluate performance, and optimize program with actionable data.
Work only with qualified publishers who are continually screened, reviewed, and advised by a quality team at performics.
Rest assured that cost-per-action pricing means both advertisers and publishers will have a win-win situation….and Google will always be a winner!
And you would be interested to know that, Google affiliate network is just DoubleClick owned performics.
DoubleClick was acquired by Google recently.
Here is the email I recieved from Google AdSense team this morning:-
Skip this, if you have read it.
Thank you for participating in the AdSense Referrals program.
We’re writing to let you know that we will be retiring the AdSense
Referrals program during the last week of August. We appreciate
your patience during this transition and here are some alternative
options to consider:
* Google Affiliate Network: As part of the integration of
DoubleClick, the DoubleClick Performics Affiliate Network will now
operate as the Google Affiliate Network for advertisers targeting
users located in the United States. Similar to the AdSense
Referrals program, the Google Affiliate Network enables publishers
to apply for advertiser programs and get paid based on
advertiser-defined actions instead of clicks or impressions. For
further details, please visit: www.google.com/ads/affiliatenetwork.
* AdSense for content ads: If you have less than three AdSense
for content ad units on a page, you may wish to replace the
referral ad units with standard AFC ad units.
If you currently use referral ads, either to promote Google
products or offerings from AdWords advertisers, AdSense Referrals
code will no longer display ads beginning the last week of August.
We encourage you to take the following steps before the product is
* Remove the referral code from your site(s): Please take a
moment to remove all referral code from your sites before the last
week of August, so you can continue to effectively monetize your
* Run and save all referrals reports on your desktop: Create
and save all reports related to the referrals program on your
desktop, so you continue to have access to your valuable campaign
Why is this happening?
We’re constantly looking for ways to improve AdSense by developing
and supporting features which drive the best monetization results
for our publishers. Sometimes, this requires retiring existing
features so we can focus our efforts on the ones that will be most
effective in the long term. For this reason, we will be retiring
the AdSense Referrals program. If you have any additional
questions, please visit our Help Center: http://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/topic.py?topic=14882
The Google AdSense Team
Google Affiliate Network provides a dedicated publisher support team. You can email the team at email@example.com for any clarification.