If you are following me on twitter then you might already know that I have bought a Brand New HTC 3452 on Maha Shivaratri.
The heavy box comes with:
HTC Touch phone[1 GB card included].
Handsfree — Earphone.
2 stylus [1 inside the phone and 1 extra].
General Network GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900
Size Dimensions 99.9 x 58 x 13.9 mm
Weight 112 g
Display Type TFT touchscreen, 65K colors
Size 240 x 320 pixels, 2.8 inches
– TouchFLO finger swipe navigation
– Handwriting recognition
– 5-way navigation
Ringtones Type Polyphonic (40 channels), MP3
Memory Phonebook In shared memory, Photo call
Call records Yes
Card slot microSD (TransFlash), 1 GB card included,
– 64 MB RAM, 128 MB ROM
– TI OMAP 850, 201 MHz
Data GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 – 48 kbps
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11b/g
Bluetooth Yes, v2.0
Infrared port No
USB Yes, miniUSB
Features: OS Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.0 Professional
Messaging :SMS, MMS, Email, Instant Messaging
Browser: WAP 2.0/xHTML, HTML (PocketIE)
Colors: Soft Black, Wasabi Green
Camera: 2 MP, 1600×1200 pixels, video
– Pocket Office(Word, Excel, Outlook, PDF viewer)
– Java MIDP 2.0
– Voice memo
– MP3/AAC player
– Video/audio album
– Built-in handsfree
Battery Standard battery, Li-Ion 1100 mAh
Stand-by Up to 200 h
Talk time Up to 5hrs
First Impression about the phone is very good. The best thing is its looks!
Its small and looks sexy. Anybody who go for looks while purchasing pocket PC can look at HTC 3452 once, I am sure you will be impressed.
Previously HTC had released HTC 3450 which is a slower device, so they upgraded RAM and ROM(almost doubled) and called it HTC 3452. If you want any advice to choose between HTC 3452 and 3450, then we recommend HTC 3452(obviously!).
Will this phone work with Vodafone or Airtel etc?
I am in India and I am using Spice/Idea and its working great. And I am sure that, the phone will even support Airtel, Vodafone, Aircel etc, in India. No need to struggle to unlock.
If you are staying outside India, then you need to refer your service providers website or contact customer care to know whether their service support the phone. Or you can leave a comment below this article(please specify your country and more details) and someone may answer you soon. I will also try my best to solve your problem.
Good things first!:
1. Very Good looking Design.
2. Good screen clarity.
3. Speed is almost doubled when compared to HTC 2340.
4. Very simple to use. I have used many pocket PCs, but this one is smallest and simplest and still effective.
5. If you are using HTC 3452 or 3450, then please list some of your experiences in the comment section. I am new to HTC and I still need some time to know more about it….
The Down side of the phone is:
1. It does not have a physical keyboard. It has a very good onscreen keyboard, which works amazingly good. But nothing can beat the physical keypads present in my previous phone Nokia 6630.
2. It has a very good speaker which is placed backside of the phone! So, its not so audible when placed on a table with its screen facing upwards.
3. I was not able to sync the device with my computer and after struggling for some hours I could find the culprit as USB cable which came with the phone. Just used the USB cable of my camera and I was able to sync my phone with the computer with in some seconds. [Hope this happened due to some fault in the cable which I have, and may not happen to others].
4. Ear Phone and outspeaker sound quality is not upto the mark.
5. Very small..This can be advantage for some and disadvantage for some. But before arguing, you need to first look at its size. Its very small, and sometimes may sound like a problem.
I decided to buy HTC 3452 because iPhone is too costly in India. And HTC has some good reputation and 3452 can impress anybody 🙂
And while choosing a mobile, do not just see for the list of features that the device has, see for the things which you want and need frequently. If you are a blogger you may need some of the features like Word Processor, PDF readers, and some others(these can be obtained by installing some software, but the phone should support it.) This is just an example. But not all individuals have same needs and wants, so look for the features which you want. — Just my 2 cents.
I will write more about HTC 3452 on this blog, on Saturday and Sunday’s. So that my regular readers who are not interested in HTC phones won’t get bugged up. And for people who are interested in HTC phones can read some tips,tricks about using the phone on Sunday or Saturday.
If you have not yet subscribed to our free email/rss subscription..then please use below form to get the latest updates directly to your inbox.