This is a guest post by Buytemplates. If you want to guest post on this blog, check out the guidelines here.
Designing logos is just like any other design work; to be professional, you will have to pay attention to details. Even a great idea can be ruined if you miss out on some simple things. The following 10 tips will help you make an effective logo for your business.
1. Find out the various mediums where your logo is going to be used, because this will also have a say in the limitations on how complex the logo is. It is not a good idea to have a detailed or illustrated design for a logo that will be placed as embroidery on a uniform, as it wouldn’t be clear.
2. Do as much research as possible. This stage doesn’t actually involve any design skills however it is important as it makes sure that you understand and get to know your client’s products, services, and rivals better; this will also make sure that you don’t finish up with a logo identical to those of your customer’s competitors.
3. Your main concern as in designing the logo is to distinguish your client from competitors and other brands. So your design should be able to distinguish and communicate adequately; it should not be one that attempts to doll up things.
4. You should ensure that logo also works all right in black & white.
5. It is not compulsory that you should demonstrate the firm’s products or services on the logo. This is true especially when customers can identify from the name itself what the business is all about.
6. The logo you design should reveal more about the company’s culture than the industry. This makes sure a more personalized logo that is custom-built. The logo shouldn’t be a generic one that all the companies in a particular industry can make use of.
7. The logo should be made in such a way that it is scalable without missing the detail; it must be identifiable even when scaled down and used on smaller promotional mediums, like visiting cards.
8. Keep the icon simple and straightforward. Your job is to design an icon, not some wall painting.
9. Avoid using all the free fonts on the web for your logos.
10. Don’t be afraid to use a new approach. There is nothing wrong in standing out from the crowd. You don’t have to go with the latest fashion in Logo design.
Beep in mind, fashion keeps changing all the time, but a logo is one that is going to stay forever.
Creating a good logo and unique tag line are important in producing a brand that presents the ideal representation for your firm. If your logo is clear-cut and unique, and if people visit your web site frequently, people will relate your logo with your business. When completed as it should be, a logo is one of the easiest ways to create an impact on your brand name. So remember the above tips and start designing a great logo.
About the Author:
Buytemplates is a notable website that offers professional and reasonably priced web templates for a variety of internet site needs. The website offers resources on Vista Icons and ebay templates along with various other web products for corporate, Business, real estate, entertainment, e-commerce, health, hosting, and much more.