Yahoo! is popular for its email and IM services, so having a Yahoo! profile seems more interesting.
Some of the good features in Yahoo! profile are:
1. We can now invite our friends by importing our contacts from Yahoomail and messenger. This is a cool feature.
2. We can set the status message. — Since twitter has been so popular, this status message feature has also become a must feature in many social networking sites.
3. We can write about me section here too 🙂
4. There is a nice “Guest Book” in everybodies profile – Giving it some more touch, for social networking.
5. Drag and drop the “Guest Book”, “Connections, “Updates”, “About me” boxes in your profile and place it according to your wish.
6. You can share the Updates of “Yahoo! 360”, “Yahoo! Avatars”, “Yahoo! Buzz”, “Yahoo! Shine”, ”
Personal Info” with your contacts in Yahoo profile. You get the option to determine what to share and what not to.
7. People can now find you(search for your profile) and add you as friend. And you can opt to get an email notification when there is some activity in your profile. And you can opt it out too! .You can search for new/old friends by just searching for their Name or email address.
8. You can set the permission for, who can see your updates and who should not see your latest updates.
9. And there is an interesting feature called “Connection Suggestion”, which automatically suggests some of the contacts from our email. These are people you communicate with a lot in Yahoo! Mail, or who you added to Yahoo! Contacts or your Messenger List.
10. For security concern Yahoo! has also given the option to make our profile public or private.
You can add me to your Yahoo! profile contact — technotip.org!